THIS WEEK (22nd-25th May) WE WILL BE OPEN TUESDAY 11-6, WEDNESDAY 11-3.30 AND THURSDAY 11-6 AND CLOSED ON FRIDAY 25TH MAY. NEXT WEEK WE WILL BE OPEN WEDNESDAY TO FRIDAY 11-6 (DUE TO DELAYED COLLECTIONS CAUSED BY THE BANK HOLIDAY.) THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING! @ THE BEAN SHE3D, ST JOHNS CHURCH, 85 PITFIELD STREET (NEW NORTH ROAD SIDE NEXT TO THE PLAYGROUND) N1 6NP.
Founded in 2014 by James Smart and Ruth McCabe, Save the Date London is a pay as you feel organisation which utilises surplus, perfectly-imperfect produce.
Originally based in The Bee Garden in Dalston, our original café was built out of recycled materials in what had previously been an office carpark. Working with a team of volunteers, in three weeks we completed the build and opened to a crowd of over 500 people.
Since then we have:
- Held the first East London Disco Soup
- Catered the UK’s first waste food wedding in 2015 and several weddings since
- Run a successful restaurant pop up
- Started a pay as you feel market stall
- Built a kitchen in a caravan
- Constructed a coffee shed out of old packing crates
and so much more!
Now based in The Bean Shed, St John’s Church, Hoxton N1 6NP we are open Tuesday to Friday 11-5 (winter opening times.)